Connecting Services to Trending Topics Builds Brand AwarenessCase Studies
After successfully launching and growing a cardiovascular blog, UT Southwestern made the bold, strategic move to compete in the growing and trendy field of pregnancy blogging.
A passionate, digitally-minded team of maternal-fetal medicine physicians led the charge to share engaging and useful information to women and parents in Dallas and North Texas. Together, we launched the Your Pregnancy Matters blog in 2015.
of traffic from topical organic search
views in a month
articles published from 2015 - 2016
As part of the comprehensive strategy, MedTouch and the UT Southwestern team:
- Connected directly with physicians to identify stories
- Identified breaking news stories to publish within 6 hours
- Created a weekly publishing schedule including content creation, image gathering, publication, and distribution
- Integrated editorial planning with cardiovascular blog publication to prevent overlap
- Developed tagging and category strategies including cross-site promotion
- Integrated blogs into social media and earned media opportunities
Key components of the strategy:
- Interviewing, ghostwriting, and distribution of blog posts
- Physician and stakeholder buy-in
- Strategic alignment with business goals
- Social marketing, including live chats and videography
- One Facebook post alone reached more than 76,000 people, mostly organic
- Averaged 18,000 monthly views with a high of 30,000 views in a month
- 40% of blog traffic from organic search, mainly due to integration of national trending stories and implementation of commonly search phrases
- Many blog posts achieved top 3 position in Google
- Made exceptional use of social media influencers. For example, a Facebook group of ultrasound professionals shared the story “4 things to consider before inviting guests to a baby’s ultrasound” assisting in reaching 33,500 pageviews in one week.
- Capitalized on three breaking news articles relevant to pregnant women. (Topics included Zika virus, the listeria outbreak in North Texas, and the safety of morning sickness medication, Zofran.)
If your organization is interested in launching a blog or you need assistance to improve your blog content or strategy, the experienced MedTouch content marketing team can help.
You may be interested in
by Case Studies
The Opportunity Evan Argintar, M.D., is an orthopedic surgeon in the competitive Mid-Atlantic region, which stretches from D.C. to Baltimore. In...
by Case Studies
Banner Health partnered with MedTouch to move away from numerous sites to a single, united brand experience across all markets. Bannerhealth.com...