Senior Drupal Developer
MedTouch is seeking a Senior Drupal Developer to join our team of Drupalists in our Boston office to create new functionality and enhance existing solutions for Drupal 8 sites. We are strategically aligned with Acquia to deliver enterprise Drupal applications to healthcare. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside an outstanding team in the company voted the best small business to work for in Boston, dive into problem solving challenges, think creatively about ways to improve process, and give back to the Drupal community.
- Architect and build web solutions using Drupal 8 and Acquia Lightning, using the standards and best practices of the Drupal community.
- Leverage contrib modules and develop custom modules to meet the needs of our clients.
- Triage and resolve complex + systemic issues reported on existing production systems.
- Grow professionally in a supportive environment.
- Participate + lead in knowledge improvement opportunities, code reviews and a mentorship program.
- Communicate effectively with project managers, product owners, and development team members to facilitate understanding of deliverables, estimates, and prioritization.
- Contribute to production deployments, including documentation of technical specifications and release notes.
- Bring an infectious, positive, can-do attitude and a relentless aspiration for improvement.
The job is just right if you have:
- Completed a bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, or have equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of development experience in PHP and Drupal 7 or Drupal 8.
- Experience developing custom themes in Drupal 8.
- Experience with test-driven development using PhpUnit and Behat, or similar.
- Experience developing custom modules in Drupal 8.
- Strong adherence to Drupal coding standards, using automated tools to ensure these standards.
- Familiarity with advanced front-end build tools such as Sass and Webpack.
- Previous experience working in version control like Git or Subversion.
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs using frameworks such as Vue.js or React within the context of a Drupal theme.
- Experience administering LAMP-stack devops, especially within an Acquia Cloud environment.
- Can prioritize and work autonomously with minimal oversight.
- Acquia Certification.
- Experience with other PHP frameworks, such as Laravel.
- Experience working in Agile methodology.
What we can offer you
- Fifteen vacation, five sick, and three paid personal days, plus nine company holidays and additional time off as needed.
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview.
- 401(k) plan options and matching.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Dedicated budget for individual and team training and education purposes.
- Company sponsored charity opportunities.
- Seriously awesome people to work with and an employee happiness budget
Who we are
MedTouch is an award-winning online strategy and technology company headquartered in Boston, MA. Focusing exclusively on hospitals, health plans and physician groups, MedTouch combines creative and technical expertise to ensure our clients achieve results that matter. Our services and solutions include healthcare specific content management solutions, user experience design, results driven search marketing, content strategy services, consumer facing websites, employee oriented intranets and more.
We are a fast-paced, innovative company and we take pride in the quality of our people as well as our work. Although we are growing steadily, we strive to retain a relationship based, people focused environment. We are committed to creating a welcoming and rewarding workplace for clients and employees alike.
The latestView All
May 29, 2019 - May 31, 2019
May 29-31, 2019 Providence, RI Change Agents: Healthcare in Motion Visit NESHCo's website to learn about this conference and register for it.
November 04, 2019 - November 06, 2019
Location: Orlando, FL Date: November 4-6, 2019 The 23nd Annual Healthcare Internet Conference (HCIC) will bring together leaders from hospitals,...