Senior Drupal Developer
MedTouch has strategically aligned with Acquia to bring enterprise-backed Drupal, combined with our expertise in digital strategy for healthcare, to an industry that is growing excited about the opportunities that cloud-first open source tools can bring. As a Senior Drupal Developer at MedTouch, you will join our team of Drupalists in our Boston office to create new functionality and enhance existing solutions for Drupal CMS sites. You’ll have the opportunity to dive into problem solving challenges and think creatively about ways to improve process and give back to the community through contrib modules and distributions.
- Architect web solutions using Drupal 8 and Acquia Lightning, using the standards and best practices of the Drupal community.
- Leverage contrib modules and develop custom modules to meet the needs of our client sites.
- Triage and resolve complex + systemic issues reported on existing production systems.
- Grow professionally in a supportive environment.
- Participate + lead in knowledge improvement opportunities, code reviews and a mentorship program.
- Communicate effectively with project managers, product owners, and development team members to facilitate understanding of deliverables, estimates, and prioritization.
- Contribute to production deployments, including documentation of technical specifications and release notes.
- Bring an infectious, positive, can-do attitude and a relentless aspiration for improvement.
The job is just right if you have:
- Completed a bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of development experience with PHP in Drupal 7 or Drupal 8.
- Experience using tools like Composer and Drush to automate tasks.
- Experience unit testing with PhpUnit or similar and automated testing using Behat or similar.
- Experience building custom modules in Drupal 8.
- Familiarity with theming in Drupal 8, including the use of Twig templates and PHP Codesniffer to ensure adherence to Drupal coding standards.
- Familiarity with advanced front-end build tools such as Sass and Webpack is preferred.
- Previous experience working in source control like Git or Subversion.
- Experience using Acquia Cloud hosting.
- Acquia Certification.
- Experience with Acquia Lift personalization.
- Experience working in Agile methodology.
What we can offer you
- Fifteen days of PTO per year plus nine paid company holidays and other time off as needed.
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview.
- 401(k) plan options.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Dedicated budget for individual and team training and education purposes.
- Company sponsored charity opportunities.
- Seriously awesome people to work with and an employee happiness budget.
Who we are
MedTouch is an award-winning online strategy and technology company headquartered in Boston, MA. Focusing exclusively on hospitals, health plans and physician groups, MedTouch combines creative and technical expertise to ensure our clients achieve results that matter. Our services and solutions include healthcare specific content management solutions, user experience design, results driven search marketing, content strategy services, consumer facing websites, employee oriented intranets and more.
We are a fast-paced, innovative company and we take pride in the quality of our people as well as our work. Although we are growing steadily, we strive to retain a relationship based, people focused environment. We are committed to creating a welcoming and rewarding workplace for clients and employees alike.
The latestView All
MedTouch and MedStar to Speak at HCIC, October 23 – 25
Location: Boston, MA Date: October 16-18, 2017 Learn more