Location: SomervilleWe are looking for a driven Principal Developer to join our highly-skilled Technology Team to manage complex technical issues and influence our methodologies and best practices. Reporting to the VP of Delivery, you will join a team of 15 experienced front-end and back-end developers, as well as testers and systems engineers. In addition to development, triage, and code-reviews, you will impact processes for development, DevOps, site performance and monitoring, and hosting. As a natural leader, you'll mentor fellow team members who are responsible for building, maintaining, improving, and hosting a best-in-class suite of healthcare websites. Your get-it-done approach will be the key to your success, while inspiring accountability and action in others.
- Roll up your sleeves to solve an array of complex technical problems from performance issues to failed builds.
- Research and understand new technologies quickly in order to architect, develop prototypes, or provide estimates.
- Serve as a client escalation point, providing business level explanations to complex technical questions and issues.
- Solve and triage internal delivery issues with a root-cause view, understanding how to prevent similar issues in the future.
- Seek to thoroughly understand our processes and methodologies; understand what works and what doesn’t, build improvements, and champion the best practices.
- Identify opportunities to enable faster cycles to production and higher quality releases for our clients and services.
- Code review the work of other developers on the team, evaluating maintainability, performance and security standards compliance.
- Lead and inspire exceptional delivery in all things technology, ensuring projects are delivered on time, within budget, and with high quality.
What you'll be working with:
- Our technologies: .NET, PHP, Sitecore, Drupal, Bootstrap, SQL, MongoDB
- Hosting: Azure
- Configuration management: TeamCity, Octopus
- Monitoring: New Relic
- Our team of passionate, curious, innovative professionals
The job is just right if you have:
- 7+ years of development experience, preferably with Microsoft .NET.
- 2+ years of development experience in a CMS, such as Sitecore, Drupal, Episerver, Adobe AEM or similar.
- In-depth experience in enterprise-class web development, maintenance, performance improvement, hosting, and deployment projects.
- A penchant for evaluative problem solving and ability to provide quick solutions for critical issues and long-term solutions to prevent their recurrence.
- Experience working in source control, like Subversion, or GIT.
- Web development skills using ASP.NET (C#), MVC, SQL Server, and web services.
- A working understanding of Windows Server and IIS setup and configuration.
- Strong communication skills to balance many technical and non-technical clients and internal business partners simultaneously.
- Motivation to self-direct and a track record of driving change, setting and managing priorities judiciously.
- An infectious, positive, can-do attitude and a relentless aspiration for improvement.
- A completed bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, engineering or another relevant area and a background in web development.
What we can offer you
- Fifteen days of PTO per year plus nine paid company holidays and other time off as needed.
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview.
- 401(k) plan options.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Dedicated budget for individual and team training and education purposes.
- Company sponsored charity opportunities.
- Seriously awesome people to work with and an employee happiness budget.
Who we are
MedTouch is an award-winning online strategy and technology company headquartered in Boston, MA. Focusing exclusively on hospitals, health plans and physician groups, MedTouch combines creative and technical expertise to ensure our clients achieve results that matter. Our services and solutions include healthcare specific content management solutions, user experience design, results driven search marketing, content strategy services, consumer facing websites, employee oriented intranets and more.
We are a fast-paced, innovative company and we take pride in the quality of our people as well as our work. Although we are growing steadily, we strive to retain a relationship based, people focused environment. We are committed to creating a welcoming and rewarding workplace for clients and employees alike.
The latestView All
Poet, Journalist, Strategist, and Innovator: A Conversation with Emily Kagan Trenchard from Northwell Health
James Gardner, head of Market + Business Development for MedTouch, sat down this summer with Emily Kagan Trenchard, Vice President of Digital and...
James Gardner, head of Market + Business Development for MedTouch, recently attended Sitecore Symposium 2018 in Orlando, Florida. The...