Financial Operations Specialist
As Financial Operations Specialist, you will utilize valuable data to support our leaders’ business decisions, all while ensuring our financial processes are running like a well-oiled machine. Working closely with our CFO and Director of Operations, you will quickly develop and leverage an understanding of internal finance and accounting systems for our growing digital technology and strategy services organization. This role is vital to ensuring effective financial monthly closes, stable and scalable business process, and enabling informed decisions by leaders. With an integrated focus on both Operations and Finance, you’ll have a unique vantage point from which to learn about and contribute to our growing business.
- Enable real-time financial metrics in our project accounting system (FinancialForce) through processes to support accurate data.
- Track expenses against budget and provide variance reporting to budget owners.
- Ensure the timely preparation of journal entries, supporting schedules, and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts for monthly close.
- Identify, recommend, and implement improved accounting processes, such as budget and expense controls.
- Manage client invoicing processes and ensure timely collection of receivables.
- Manage accounts payable process and generate vendor/employee payments using online banking system.
- Review and approve expense reports using Expensify software package and reconciliation of company credit cards.
- Provide stellar support to end users of our systems and processes, serving as a liaison to the rest of the organization.
The job is just right if you have:
- A Completed B.A. or B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- 3+ years of professional experience in an accounting role.
- Experience using QuickBooks or like accounting platforms.
- Tech savviness and an ability to pick up new financial web tools quickly and effectively.
- Natural curiosity and the desire for continual feedback and improvement.
- An eye for details and a natural penchant towards organization.
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills – context comes naturally.
- Proficient skills in and enthusiasm for Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Initiative and the ability to thrive in a fast paced, forward moving environment.
- Prior experience in a professional services company a plus.
- Prior experience with the Salesforce platform.
What we can offer you
- Fifteen vacation, five sick, and three paid personal days, plus nine company holidays and additional time off as needed.
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview.
- 401(k) plan options.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Dedicated budget for individual and team training and education purposes.
- Company sponsored charity opportunities.
- Seriously awesome people to work with and an employee happiness budget.
Who we are
MedTouch is an award-winning online strategy and technology company headquartered in Boston, MA. Focusing exclusively on hospitals, health plans and physician groups, MedTouch combines creative and technical expertise to ensure our clients achieve results that matter. Our services and solutions include healthcare specific content management solutions, user experience design, results driven search marketing, content strategy services, consumer facing websites, employee oriented intranets and more.
We are a fast-paced, innovative company and we take pride in the quality of our people as well as our work. Although we are growing steadily, we strive to retain a relationship based, people focused environment. We are committed to creating a welcoming and rewarding workplace for clients and employees alike.
The latestView All
September 04, 2018 - September 07, 2018
Headed to Content Marketing World this September? Join Mariah Obiedzinski, our director of content marketing, for an interactive session about how...
Marketing as a Catalyst for Innovation and Change: A Conversation with Craig Kartchner from HonorHealth
James Gardner, head of Market + Business Development for MedTouch, recently sat down with Craig Kartchner, AVP of Growth and Performance Marketing...