Director/Manager of Web Development
We are looking for a highly-motivated Web Development Manager or Director with the skills to solve complex technical escalations and the passion to coach and grow our technical delivery team. Reporting to the VP of Delivery, you will manage a team of 15, including managers and technical leads, experienced front-end and back-end developers, as well as testers and systems engineers. Leveraging your extensive experience in development, testing, dev-ops, site performance, and monitoring, you’ll be accountable for enhancing the methodology and process for your teams. Your leadership will continue enabling our team to build and improve a best-in-class suite of healthcare websites.
In this role you will:
Manage and grow our technology team:
- Successfully lead, motivate, and retain first-class technologists, helping them to plan out and achieve the next steps in their career.
- Be a trusted mentor, adapting your managerial style to be a technical expert or motivational coach based on the needs of each situation.
- Have a results-oriented focus, encouraging team members to set and track goals for themselves.
- Collaborate with client delivery teams to ensure alignment on methodology, best practices, and process as well as delivery estimates and proposed schedules.
Solve complex issues:
- Roll up your sleeves to help the team solve complex problems on a variety of issues from production performance and hosting, to new feature architecture and contract terms.
- Serve as a client escalation point, providing business level explanations to complex technical questions and issues.
- Solve internal delivery issues with a root-cause view, helping others understand how to prevent similar issues in the future.
Advance our practice:
- Develop, maintain, and handle change management for processes, methodology, and tools for technology that are efficient, consistent, and innovative.
- Monitor process and technology changes for adherence and applicability across the various delivery teams.
- Identify opportunities to enable faster cycles to production and higher quality releases for our clients and services.
- Lead and inspire exceptional delivery, ensuring projects are delivered on time, within budget, and with high quality.
- Forecast technology resource needs based on client project demands and internal development needs, and staff the team accordingly.
- Establish and report appropriate metrics for the development and testing to ensure quality, efficiency, and productivity as well as profitability and utilization.
The job is just right if you have:
- A completed bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, engineering or another relevant area and a background in web development.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a .NET enterprise CMS such as Sitecore, Sitefinity, or similar.
- 6+ years of software development experience using Microsoft .NET / C#, MVC, SQL Server, Visual Studio, and web services.
- 2+ years’ experience successfully leading a development or engineering team with a hands-on, motivational approach to managing.
- Superior analytical and evaluative skills with a passion for being a hands-on problems-solver who wears multiple hats.
- Strong communication skills with both internal technology teams and non-technical client partners.
- In depth experience in enterprise-class web development, performance improvement, and deployment projects.
- Experience supporting many clients, both external and internal, simultaneously with a track record of setting and managing priorities judiciously.
- The ability to present ideas in a collaborative, business-friendly way, achieving buy-in and inviting input.
- An innate curiosity and drive to track relevant industry trends and a history of implementing tools that benefit both internal teams and clients.
What you'll be working with
- Our technologies: .NET, PHP, Sitecore, Drupal, Bootstrap
- Hosting: Azure (some Rackspace, AWS)
- Configuration management: TeamCity, Octopus
- Monitoring: New Relic
- Our team of passionate, curious, innovative professionals
What we can offer you
- Fifteen vacation, five sick, and three paid personal days, plus nine company holidays and additional time off as needed.
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview.
- 401(k) plan options and matching.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Dedicated budget for individual and team training and education purposes.
- Company sponsored charity opportunities.
- Seriously awesome people to work with and an employee happiness budget
Who we are
MedTouch is an award-winning online strategy and technology company headquartered in Boston, MA. Focusing exclusively on hospitals, health plans and physician groups, MedTouch combines creative and technical expertise to ensure our clients achieve results that matter. Our services and solutions include healthcare specific content management solutions, user experience design, results driven search marketing, content strategy services, consumer facing websites, employee oriented intranets and more.
We are a fast-paced, innovative company and we take pride in the quality of our people as well as our work. Although we are growing steadily, we strive to retain a relationship based, people focused environment. We are committed to creating a welcoming and rewarding workplace for clients and employees alike.
The latestView All
May 29, 2019 - May 31, 2019
May 29-31, 2019 Providence, RI Change Agents: Healthcare in Motion Visit NESHCo's website to learn about this conference and register for it.
“No matter what, faster is better and less is more.” Daniel An Google Global Product Lead, Mobile Web You heard it here first: 2019 is going to...