Director of Market + Business Development
As Director of Market + Business Development, you will have the unique responsibility to build trusted relationships and nurture qualified business opportunities nationwide. You’ll work cross-functionally with all our departments to become an expert in the strategic services and technical solutions we offer our clients. With this knowledge, you will proactively generate and cultivate sales opportunities through phone calls, personalized emails, conferences, and creative networking. Your ability to foster authentic relationships will unlock opportunities with industry leaders in healthcare, and your expertise and tenacity will allow growth within the role.
- Target relationship based sales with approximately 50 named accounts, leveraging your expertise in communicating and selling to complex buying and steering committees with key executive contacts such as the CEO, CMO, CIO, VPs of Marketing, and their staffs.
- Lead external partner relations (Sitecore, Acquia, Salesforce, Google) to develop named account opportunities.
- Conduct market research for prospect targeting including expertly managing prospect follow-up efforts via phone and email.
- Generate sales interaction opportunities and help coordinate those conversations with the MedTouch SMEs, using various marketing tactics, including campaigns, emails, phone calls, and tradeshow presence to nurture qualified leads and generate sales pipeline.
- Organize and keep track of all inquiries and leads using Salesforce.
- Influence decision makers within targeted leads to begin sales process.
- Lead the process of proposals, RFPs and on-site presentations to manage a complete, complex sales cycle from lead generation to contracting approval.
- Clearly communicate the value of strategic services and solutions at MedTouch to various prospect and partner audiences.
- Exhibit an understanding and respect for urgency with effective and timely follow-up and execution.
- Travel an expected two trips per month that average 1-2 days each, plus six trade shows or conferences/year.
The job is just right if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in a similar business development role, with a minimum of 3 years in an agency environment.
- Experience selling to large and complex organizations with contracts valued at $500k+.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the digital client experience and how web/creative projects are delivered.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills.
- A high sense of urgency and drive to succeed without need for frequent oversight.
- Determination that doesn’t waver despite obstacles and rejections.
- An ability to pinpoint customer needs and map a captivating solution, leveraging collaborative relationships to achieve objectives.
- Entrepreneurial instincts with a hands-on approach and positive, solution-oriented attitude.
- Talent in building relationships and a natural inclination toward soliciting and using feedback for continuous improvement.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree; Master’s business-related degree appreciated.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Email, CRM solutions, and other web-based tools.
- Experience working in the healthcare technology or digital marketing industry.
- Understanding of Content Management Systems (CMS) technology, marketing industry concepts and marketing trends.
- Adept in using Salesforce.
- Familiarity with Sitecore and/or Acquia.
What we can offer you
- Fifteen days of PTO per year plus nine paid company holidays and other time off as needed.
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview.
- 401(k) plan options.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Dedicated budget for individual and team training and education purposes.
- Company sponsored charity opportunities.
- Seriously awesome people to work with and an employee happiness budget.
Who we are
MedTouch is an award-winning online strategy and technology company headquartered in Boston, MA. Focusing exclusively on hospitals, health plans and physician groups, MedTouch combines creative and technical expertise to ensure our clients achieve results that matter. Our services and solutions include healthcare specific content management solutions, user experience design, results driven search marketing, content strategy services, consumer facing websites, employee oriented intranets and more.
We are a fast-paced, innovative company and we take pride in the quality of our people as well as our work. Although we are growing steadily, we strive to retain a relationship based, people focused environment. We are committed to creating a welcoming and rewarding workplace for clients and employees alike.
The latestView All
Date: April 17, 10:00am PT | 11:00am MT | 12:00pm CT | 1:00pm ET Join MedTouch and AudioEye in an insightful webinar discussing the importance of...
Date: March 6, 10:00am PT | 11:00am MT | 12:00pm CT | 1:00pm ET Join MedTouch and AudioEye in an insightful webinar discussing the importance of...