Director of Content
Location: Cedar Rapids
As Director of Content at MedTouch, you’ll drive both the day-to-day operations and overall vision of our skilled content team to bring integrated healthcare content strategies to life. Leveraging your deep expertise in all areas of content, you’ll build comprehensive recommendations for clients that encompass blog, email marketing, social, and longform website content, and more! You’ll lead and manage a group of talented content specialists and will hone processes, testing methodologies, and develop new innovative strategies. Your skill, combined with your experience and passion for healthcare will increase our team’s effectiveness and clients’ success.
In this role you will:
Lead our team of skilled content strategists
- Manage and mentor our content team ensuring content and editorial style are top notch and continually evolve according to industry best practices.
- Coach and grow the skills of each team member by providing guidance, support, and the tools for increasingly independent execution.
- Review and edit content with an understanding of client-specific goals and brand in mind.
- Plan and allocate our team and network of contractors’ time to ensure projects are delivered on time and with excellence.
- Teach others the intricacies of healthcare, developing an entire team of experts in the field.
Grow the breadth and depth our content strategy services
- Collaborate with our account directors to naturally shape and grow existing accounts by building partnerships that are grounded in innovative strategy and a deep knowledge of healthcare.
- Lead ideation and build comprehensive content plans for clients that include blog, longform editorials, email marketing automation, social strategy, channel optimization, audience segmentation and localization, analytics, and meaningful measurement.
- Maintain familiarity with each active client (typically 12 simultaneously), acting as the primary content writer and strategist for the top three to five high profile accounts.
- Participate in our collaborative sales approach by scoping, developing, and pitching content strategies for prospects.
- Develop content product offerings and content packages for sales opportunities
- Build strong relationships with our design, digital marketing, technology and other internal teams in order to produce client recommendations and proposals that are integrated and leverage a number of services.
The job is just right if you have:
- 10+ years of experience in content/editorial or journalism strategy.
- A deep understanding of healthcare and 3-5 years’ experience in the field.
- 3-5 years’ experience managing a content team and a passion for enabling others to excel.
- Advanced skills in all areas of content: blogs, content marketing, editorial longform, social posts, ads, and email marketing.
- Proven success in channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics, and meaningful measurement.
- Strong understanding of distribution strategies and a knack for leveraging content across multiple channels.
- Experience creating efficient content creation processes and content sales packages.
- A reputation of sophistication and polish; you’re unphased by and embrace the opportunity to interview and present to executive teams and c-suite clients.
- Expert problem-solving skills and the ability to comfortably switch gears from blogger to manager, strategist, interviewer, etc. at any point during the day.
- Completed a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline; advanced degrees appreciated.
- Previous experience working in an agency environment.
- An existing and well-known reputation as an expert healthcare content strategist.
What we can offer you
- Fifteen vacation, five sick, and three paid personal days, plus nine company holidays and additional time off as needed.
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview.
- 401(k) plan options and matching.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Dedicated budget for individual and team training and education purposes.
- Company sponsored charity opportunities.
- Seriously awesome people to work with and an employee happiness budget
Who we are
MedTouch is an award-winning online strategy and technology company headquartered in Boston, MA. Focusing exclusively on hospitals, health plans and physician groups, MedTouch combines creative and technical expertise to ensure our clients achieve results that matter. Our services and solutions include healthcare specific content management solutions, user experience design, results driven search marketing, content strategy services, consumer facing websites, employee oriented intranets and more.
We are a fast-paced, innovative company and we take pride in the quality of our people as well as our work. Although we are growing steadily, we strive to retain a relationship based, people focused environment. We are committed to creating a welcoming and rewarding workplace for clients and employees alike.
The latestView All
May 29, 2019 - May 31, 2019
May 29-31, 2019 Providence, RI Change Agents: Healthcare in Motion Visit NESHCo's website to learn about this conference and register for it.
November 04, 2019 - November 06, 2019
Location: Orlando, FL Date: November 4-6, 2019 The 23nd Annual Healthcare Internet Conference (HCIC) will bring together leaders from hospitals,...