Director of Accounts + Sales
As the Director of Accounts + Sales, you will join the organization as a strategic leader in a key position overseeing the growth of existing and new clients. You will draw upon your deep expertise in account strategy, technology, digital marketing, and people management to direct and grow our prospects, clients, and Account Services team. Skillfully navigating client relationships, you’ll identify sales opportunities and deliver well-crafted roadmaps and proposals to our clients. As leader of the Account Services team, you will be the key leader between business development and Accounts, helping to close and onboard new clients. You’ll model expert relationship management with the clients that are assigned to you and serve as a support and escalation point for other accounts. Your strategies will continue to mature our discipline and your guidance will inspire our accounts team to reach their full potential.
Bring your expertise to client prospects:
- Individually sell over $2M of client revenue by acting as a strategic advisor for named, new clients and shepherding new opportunities through the sales process.
- Serve as the connective tissue between business development and the Account Services team, helping to bid on new client work, attending finalists’ onsite meetings, working with new clients in the Discovery phase, and assigning ownership of clients to Account team members.
- Review client proposals and SOWs and present to client C-suites ROI, vision, and post go-live reports.
- Onboard new clients to the MedTouch approach, setting the vision for client service excellence and expectations.
- Travel to meet prospects, attend client onsites, and network at professional functions an average of three to four short trips (<1 day) a month.
Be a leader and role model for our team:
- Oversee and manage the Accounts Services pipeline, set incoming client account targets, exceed annual revenue goals, and drive up client satisfaction scores.
- Champion process, methodology, and best practices across all Account Directors on our Account Services team to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations
- Create a culture of service excellence, understanding our clients’ needs and advocating for their perspective in internal meetings.
- Maintain knowledge of all current and upcoming activity with client accounts, including strategy and sales initiatives.
- Identify enhancements to the current work and second-phase opportunities from inception throughout all phases of projects.
- Handle client escalations as needed to resolve issues to both the company’s and client’s satisfaction.
- Serve as a member of the leadership team with other Directors; contribute and engage with our team and the overall MedTouch culture and ethos.
The job is just right if you have:
- A passion for helping others combined with the drive, grit, and tenacity to grow both internal teams as well as client accounts.
- 8+ years of experience in the client services, professional services or interactive agency world; 6+ years of experience as an Account Manager/Director in the digital space.
- Strong commercial experience setting and achieving sales targets through a team-based approach.
- 3+ years in people management, including staffing and resource planning, and employee relations in a digital agency.
- The ability to reproduce a catalogue of solutions for client needs and maintain a general understanding of all things digital.
- A sense of urgency to close the loop on open communications, opportunities, and issues.
- Unparalleled communications skills, exuding tact and insight when under duress.
- Experience with large digital web-based projects, preferably with hospital and/or health plan clients, and using a CRM (Salesforce) to manage sales process.
- Completed a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline; advanced degrees always welcomed.
What we can offer you
- Fifteen vacation, five sick, and three paid personal days, plus nine company holidays and additional time off as needed.
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview.
- 401(k) plan options.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Dedicated budget for individual and team training and education purposes.
- Company sponsored charity opportunities.
- Seriously awesome people to work with and an employee happiness budget.
Who we are
MedTouch is an award-winning online strategy and technology company headquartered in Boston, MA. Focusing exclusively on hospitals, health plans and physician groups, MedTouch combines creative and technical expertise to ensure our clients achieve results that matter. Our services and solutions include healthcare specific content management solutions, user experience design, results driven search marketing, content strategy services, consumer facing websites, employee oriented intranets and more.
We are a fast-paced, innovative company and we take pride in the quality of our people as well as our work. Although we are growing steadily, we strive to retain a relationship based, people focused environment. We are committed to creating a welcoming and rewarding workplace for clients and employees alike.
The latestView All
September 04, 2018 - September 07, 2018
Headed to Content Marketing World this September? Join Mariah Obiedzinski, our director of content marketing, for an interactive session about how...
When Technology and Marketing Join Forces: A Conversation with Jared Johnson from Phoenix Children’s Hospital
James Gardner, Director of Market + Business Development for MedTouch, sat down with Jared Johnson, Manager of Marketing Technology and Analytics...